We love 'em with vegetables! ...And here's how we make ours:
1/2 kg ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small cheez whiz
1 heaping table spoon of cornstarch
1 cup water
1 tetra pack of Nestlé cream
1/2 cup white vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp salt
white onion, tomatoes and cucumber cut into small cubes
cabbage, cut into small strips and blanched
1. Sauté ground beef in garlic, onion and some tomates until it becomes a deep dark brown.
2. Mix all the contents of the smallest bottle of Cheez Whiz with cornstarch and water to make cheese sauce. Cook in low fire until consistency is not to thick but not too runny either.
3. Mix Nestlé cream, vinger, garlic, white pepper, water and salt in a metal bowl to make a sour cream sauce. Place bowl above hot water to heat the mixture up a bit. We don't want to actually cook the cream as it will curdle. Set aside.
4. Place nachos on a serving plate, top with beef, white onion, tomatoes, cucumber and cabbage. pour cream sauce and cheese sauce.
5. Add hot sauce for those who like it spicy!
We ate this mouth-watering snack while watching UP on DVD...just sharing! You can also use tortillas or soft tacos with the same filling! Enjoy!