Monday, September 21, 2009

Recipe of The Day: Pak"beth"

Wow! It's been a while since I was able to post a recipe here! It was because I wasn't able to cook "real" food due to our household help problems lately.

Anyway, 'twas my mom's 52nd birthday yesterday and although I left the people at my folks house with all the cooking because I miss it, I was able to cook up pinakbet for my family today...mom's favorite veggie dish. No wonder she was nicknamed pak"beth" (from Elizabeth) by her siblings.


Ingredients:

1 tbsp of minced garlic

1 whole onion, cut into thin strips

1 cup ginisang bagoong

1/4 kg pork cut into small cubes

1/2 squash cut into small cubes

1 whole eggplant cut into bite-size circles
1 bundle of string beans, cut into bite size strips

1/4 kg okra, each piece cut into 2 (although I didn't include it in my cooking brcause no one eats okra here)

1 cup water


1. Saute bagoong and meat in garlic and onion until meat is cooked.

2. Add all the vegetables and stir fry.
3. Add water and simmer for 12 mins.




That's how simple it is! Happy cooking!

Love lots,

0 comments:

Post a Comment