I intentionally wrote "for storing" because we actually just store uncooked lumpiang shanghai in case I'm too tired to cook a meal for my family. There is a kind of lumpiang shanghai you'd serve guests at a party (...just like what my aunt makes with all the works!)...And then there's MY KIND that's "pwede na" to fill tired and hungry stomachs.
1/2 kg ground pork
1 whole onion, chopped to small bits
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small carrot, chopped to small bits
2 celery stalks, chopped to small bits
1 heaping tbsp of flour or cornstarch
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Wrap a heaping tablespoon of the mixture on a medium sized lumpia wrapper and seal with egg white.
3. Place rolls in tupperware and leave in the freezer.
4. Cut rolls in half each time you need to fry them.
5. Best served with UFC sweet and sour sauce.