Sunday, January 17, 2010

Viva Señor Sto. Niño!!!



If I'm not mistaken, the feast of the Sto. Niño is one of the most celebrated feasts in the Philippines. I feel fortunate that my mom's side of the family grew up in a Sto. Niño community in Manila. Because of this, we get to celebrate the feast of Sto. Niño together with the rest of the country in merriment every 3rd Sunday of January!


And even though the street festivities in our community is simple compared to what goes on in Cebu, I still appreciate it because I get to experience true Filipino culture everytime. I hope that the legacy of coming back to our old place just to celebrate the feast of Sto. Niño continues with my children and succeeding generations.


Hala Bira! Here's to bessy dancing our little Niña!!! *wink wink*

your every woman,

0 comments:

Post a Comment