Friday, January 22, 2010

Red Lips and Lined Eyes

Aside from the no make-up look, which I sometimes get tired of, I love wearing red lips matched with lined eyes. It really brings out my Asian features.

I've tried sugar red from The Natural Source but it's been a year and the lipstick had dried out. Plus, it's too frosty and doesn't give me the red I wanted as I was hoping for an effect similar to the Mac Russian Red's.

On the eyeliner part though, I am still in search of a good one that'll stay vibrant on my eyes from dusk 'til dawn (or vice versa since I work at a call center *wink*).

Here's what made it to my face at the
Sto. Niño festival.


Artdeco Perfect Color Lipstick #08
Pros:
-very pigmented
-stays on for hours, even through drinking and eating
-elegant black packaging
-on sale, originally priced at Php600+ but I got it for just Php465.

Cons:
-matte finish dries the lips
-will no longer be available locally (SA informed us that Artdeco will be around while supplies last or until April, whichever comes first)
-has the tendency to turn pinkish rather than a true red when fading


eyes not lined, face bare


Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner Pencil in Black

Pros:
-dries fast
-creamy
-pigmented
-has a built-in sharpener


Cons:
-sharpener doesn't give a nice pointed result
-smudges on oily lids and teary eye corners
-loses color quality at the end of the day (My right eyelid is oilier than my left, so even though it doesn't smudge on my left lid, I noticed that the color at the end of the day wasn't as black as it was when I first applied it.)
-price is so-so at around Php500 (-forgot the exact price)

after 8 hours of application and partying at the festival


with flash and w/o flash respectively


How about you, what is your favorite make up look? What do you use to achieve it?

your every woman,

0 comments:

Post a Comment