Sunday, March 7, 2010

Skin Hour's Skin Shade Review

It's summer time! And we can't get enough of the sun! But we should've known by now how much UV rays can cause premature ageing or worse, skin cancer. So we should always be protected!

I have already posted about how much I love Leyende's A Place in the Sun sunblock, but my skin changed over time and the formulation of that sunscreen became a bit drying for me. It was said somewhere though (can't remember the site), that one may need to moisturize first before applying the sunblock, as it comes off with a matte finish. However, being the budgeteer that I am, I needed a multitasking product that would moisturize my skin and protect it the same time. That's when Skin Hour's Skin Shade came in.

got mine from The Good Earth

I can say that Skin Shade is as good for the face as it is for the body. It's affordable at Php350 per 50ml bottle, provides spf30, has creamy consistency:

...has all natural ingredients and does not give off a white cast when applied.

no white cast on flashed photo

It moisturizes my dry/combination skin well, so I guess it wouldn't be too favorable for my oily skinned friends. Even my skin gets a bit oily in the middle of the day...good thing oil blotting papers were invented!

One thing I didn't like about it was the smell! I'm not sure if it's lavender but for me it smelled like some scented insect repellant. It triggered my allergic rhinitis on the first few applications until my nose got used to it.

How about you..what sunblock do you use?

your every woman,

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, interesting! I use my BB Creams as sunblock, haha. Is that bad? I should get a dedicated sun block with higher SPF... this summer heat is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are bb creams with even higher spf...and i think they're even better because not only does it protect you from the sun and moisturize your face, it also has some healing properties and tint to even out skin tone. and with skin as clear as yours, i bet you can get away with only bb cream on your face! :D

    ReplyDelete