Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Recipe of the Day: Garlic Beef Misono

My philosophy in cooking is to make good, healthy food with the taste of and feel of eating out. I want my family to always feel that it's best to come home to eat, especially when my kid (/s) grow older. That's why when we like a menu entry at a restaurant or fastfood, I try my best to copy it. Here's my take on Tokyo Tokyo's Beef Misono!

Ingredients:

1/2 beef cut into small strips (any kind of beef will do...)
Kikkoman Soy Sauce
1 cup water
1 whole garlice minced
1/2 of a whole cabbage, cut into strips
1 carrot, cut into strips
1/4 kg toge (mung bean sprouts)
2 white onions cut into strips
1 tsp iodized salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp sugar

1. Fry minced garlic. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix beef, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, pepper, 1 tsp sugar, and water in a sauce pan or pressure cooker and cook beef until tender. (Using pressure cooker would take lesser time compared to using a regular sauce pan.)
2. Drain beef and set aside what's left of the stock (if there's any).
3. Saute beef in 1 tbsp of the oil used in frying the garlic.
4. Stir fry onions, carrot, cabbage and toge in 1 tbsp of the oil used in frying the garlic and add what's left of the beef stock.
5. Mix 1/4 cup Kikkoman soy sauce with 1 tsp sugar.
6. Serve vegetables topped with fried garlic and eat ala Tokyo Tokyo:


*Disclaimer: I don't know how Tokyo Tokyo's beef misono is actually done and this is not a representation of the actual Tokyo Tokyo recipe. This is merely my version.

your every woman,

1 comment:

  1. ang layo. mukhang salpicao kesa misono.

    ReplyDelete