Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Treat Prickly Heat The Cool and Natural Way!

Summer's almost over...but the irritation our kids feel from their prickly heat could stay longer. Good thing we have a remedy right inside our own homes! Taken from a book called "Healing Wonders of Water" (...sorry I don't know who the author is because the book used to be my grandma's), here's how my grandma used to calm my prickly heat and am now applying it on my daughter.

1. Mix 3 cups cornstarch in a tub full of lukewarm water.
2. Add clean baby (-LOLz) and bathe without soap for 30 mins.
3. Do this for at least 2x a week until the rashes heal.


Too bad we only have this tub because this would be more effective if the tub is chest high, so that the water covers most of the rashes. I just had to make Ella lay down the tub...a favor that's quite difficult to ask a 2 year old. Orocans could serve better for this purpose.


your every woman,

0 comments:

Post a Comment