Hubby just loves this homemade burrito I prepare for him. We formulated this recipe in the attempt to imitate the taste of shawarma and it sort of tasted like one with it's own authentic flavor.
1 box of Nestle all purpose cream
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup cold water
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced1/2 kg beef cut into very small strips
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 cucumbers cut into small pieces
5 tomatoes cut into small pieces
1/2 cabbage cut into strips
3 large white onions chopped
1 packs soft tortillas (pack of 12)
1. Mix all purpose cream, cornstarch solution, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic in a saucepan. Cook mixture for 5 minutes. Set aside. You can also use plain yoghurt to replace the cream and vinegar but it's a bit pricey.
2. Place beef in pressure cooker with enough water to cover all meat. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper and cook for around 20 minutes.
*If you don't have pressure cooker like me, boil the beef and cook it on low fire for 2 hours. Drain beef and keep broth for future purposes.
3. Saute beef in garlic. Add soy sauce.
4. Place about 1/2 cup of beef in the middle of a tortilla chip. Add a helping of each kind of vegetable then pour cream sauce over the mixture. Roll tortilla and serve.
5. May be served with cheese and/or hot sauce. Makes 24 servings.
Love it! Try this one out soon!
your every woman,