Monday, May 4, 2009

How to Keep Your Meats Fresh

Hi! If you've noticed, I have some recipe's here didn't include marinade in them. That's because I have a different way of shopping for food. Since I am a career woman aside from being a mom and wife, I budget and buy all the meat, fish and poultry I'm gonna need for all my recipes for 2 weeks! So how do I keep them fresh? Here's something I am very thankful to my grandma for showing me when I was young...

1. Have the sales assistants cut your meat, fish and poultry to suit all your recipes for a given period of time.

2. When you get home after your market trip, prepare all ingredients you need to marinate and seal the flavor of your recipe and add them to your meat, fish and poultry before storing in the fridge.

3. Some marinades I use for my cooking:

DAING NA BANGUS
-minced garlic, salt, pepper and vinegar

LIVER STEAK
-soy sauce and calamansi

BAKED/ROAST CHICKEN, CHICKEN OR PORK BARBECUE, CHILI WINGS
-minced garlic, salt, sugar, pepper, tomato paste, orange/calamansi juice/sprite/7-up

FRIED FISH
-minced garlic, salt, pepper

FRIED CHICKEN
-salt, pepper, calamansi

For every recipe, the staple marinading ingredients would be salt and pepper. It's up to you to decide which flavor you'd like to lock in and add them into your marinade. Preparing your meat, fish and poultry this way saves you the time of marinading on the spot.

Happy cooking!

your every woman,

0 comments:

Post a Comment