2 cups cooking oil for deep frying
4 medium sized potatoes, each sliced into 6 parts
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp chopped onions
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp chopped ginger (or use ginger powder if you don't like ginger bits like I do)
1 whole chicken, cut into single serve parts
1 cup water
2 cups coconut milk (1 cup kakang gata, 1 cup 2nd squeeze)
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 small carrots
2 red bell peppers
salt (amount depends on taste)
1/2 tsp sugar (*to replace MSG)
chili peppers (optional)
**When I come home from the market, I usually marinade all our meat with salt and pepper before storing in the fridge to seal freshness and flavor.
1. Deep fry potatoes with a dash of salt. Set aside.
2. Saute onion and garlic in cooking oil.
3. Add chicken and ginger.
4.When chicken is already golden brown, add 2nd squeeze of gata and water. Bring to a boil.
5. Add curry powder, pepper, kakang gata and soy sauce. Simmer for around 10 minutes.
6. Add carrots, red bell pepper, salt, sugar and chili pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Serve with fried potates.
May serve 10 people. Enjoy!
your every woman,