Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Potty Training Part 3


Wow! It's been a while since I last posted something about this... Just a recap, Ella can do number 1 and number 2 already. However, she can't seem to keep the fluids in when she's asleep! ...Especially when it's cold!

Then a friend suggested that we schedule wake time for peeing at night. I thought it was a very good idea because almost all of Ella's training had something to do with schedule! We had to wait until Ella is old enough not to be cranky when we wake her up... which is now, when she's halfway past 3 years old.

I scheduled Ella's wake up time for 12am, 3am and 6am. I didn't wake her up like I wake adults though. At first, I'd have to carry her half asleep self, let her sit on the potty and support her while she's peeing. We've had accidents, yes! But a potty trained daughter is definitely worth a stinky bed!

Then just recently, I was surprised to hear Ella waking me up and asking me "Mommy, where's the potty?" (Looks like she didn't remember where it was on the times she was half asleep!) I showed her where the potty was, and just observed. She peed! But then she might have found the potty a little late.

Ella: Where's your phone mommy?
Me: I don't know... (still very sleepy)
Ella: My panty is wet, mommy... Where's your phone?
Me: (looking for the phone)
Dad: (awakened by all the fuss and feeling under the pillows) Andiyan o!

Drew handed me my phone and I gave it to Ella. Ella pressed a button, went to the other room where her closet was, and got a clean panty! In a house with no lights on! Hahaha! She used the phone as her flashlight, just like her daddy taught her to do! Way to go Ella!

your every woman,

0 comments:

Post a Comment