Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
I eventually realized that making a nappy cake is one of those "easier said than done" things. Haha! I looked at nappy cakes on the web and not even bother looking at instructions because I thought to myself "I can make one of these, it's TOO easy!" Then what I came up with is soo mediocre...but I'm still proud of it!
How did I do it?
1.I rolled several pieces of white disposable diapers and secured the rolls with thread. Maker's of diaper cakes use rubber bands so it'd be easier, but it was rainy and I wasn't able to buy some.
2.I surrounded a milk dispenser with the rolled diapers until it made a round "cake" large enough to fit on top of a baby record book. I secured it with a very large rubber band...the only one I had available at the moment.
3.I replaced some of the rolled diapers with 3 Sesame Street BPA free baby bottles (...these are very affordable, by the way, at P245.75 for a set of 3!) and a bottle of Human Heart Nature Baby Shampoo.
4. In the middle, I made a little teddy bear sit on the spaces made by the bottles and also added a nasal aspirator, baby toothbrush and a pacifier in different places on my nappy cake.
5. I tied the "cake" with blue ribbon and used a baby record book as base. I wrapped the whole thing with transparent cellophane and tied it with another blue ribbon.
Hahahaha! Not bad for a first timer huh?!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I will research beauty procedures that can be done at the comfort of our own homes, with kitchen ingredients and post them all here. And to start with a HONEY AND OATMEAL FACIAL!
Prepare the ff:
1 liter water
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp dry oatmeal
beauty head band
1. Boil water in pot then remove from fire.
2. Mix oatmeal and honey in a bowl
3. Open the lid of the pot and place your face about an arm's distance over it. Cover your head with a big towel to keep the steam to your face. *If the steam becomes too hot, open a little portion of your towel to let go of steam.
4. After about 10 mins of facial steaming, replace the lid of the pot and pat your face. Face a mirror and gently remove blackheads that are already sticking out of your open pores using a blackhead remover if you don't mind doing this on your own. If you do, you can just moisten your face towel with warm water and gently wipe your face with it. The grime on your face should've come loose with the steam so it should be easy to just wipe them off.
5. Steam face for another 5 minutes. Remove dripping water.
6. Gently scrub the face with honey-oatmeal mixture for 5 minutes, preferably using the ring finger (...the weakest finger). After scrubbing, leave the gooey mixture on the face for 10 mins.
7. Rinse with warm water to completely remove honey, followed by cold water to close pores. May be done weekly, depending on condition of facial skin.
You can also add flower petals or droplets of aromatherapy oils to your steam to add to that spa experience!
Father's day may be over, but it doesn't stop the people at expomom to give our wonderful dads a treat!
According to the website:
What can you expect at the first ever EXPO DAD? We will feature the different interests and passions of dads and will have interesting exhibitors and vendors showcasing products and services in the following categories:
PARTNER IN PARENTING
parenting-related products and services for dads
YOU THE MAN!
dads’ favorite brands related to sports, health and fitness
TOYS FOR THE BIG BOYS
toys, gadgets, cars, collectibles, hobbies – fun stuff for dads
IN HIS CLOSET
fashion finds for the dads this time
BOYS WILL BE BOYS (for Dad and his boys)
activity providers for camping, swimming, sports, computer games and the like
DAD AND HIS PRINCESS
activity providers for music class, art, and the like
BRING HOME THE BACON
products and services for daddies at work or in business
Keep visiting the site for more information on what you’ll find at Expo Dad!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
....at last, a picture!
1 cup breading
1/4 cup water
1/2 kg pork but into small strips
1/4 cup cornstarch dissolved in 3 cups water
1 cup tomato sauce
1 small can pineapple tidbits
1 cup vinegar
1 tsp iodized salt
1 cup sugar
2 whole onions cut into 4 parts
1 of each, red and green bell pepper
Breading can be commercially made or a mixture of the ff:
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp iodized salt
1. Mix breading and water to make batter. Pour batter onto pork strips and mix thoroughly.
2. Deep fry pork and drain excess oil. Set aside
3. Heat water with cornstarch. While mixture is still thin, add tomato sauce, pineapple tidbits with juice, vinegar, salt and sugar. Stir mixture while cooking until desired thickness of sauce is achieved.
4. Arrange deep fried pork, onion and bell pepper pieces in a serving plate and pour sauce over.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Hi! My daughter was born into this world bald. Not that it's something unusual, but it kind of removed my joy of hairstyling a baby girl. She turned 1 and her hair remained thin and short that she looked like a boy. Elders advised me to have Ella's hair shaved or trimmed so it'd grow longer and thicker, and we did. But her hair remained the same. Now that she's 19 months, guess what! It's still thin, short and wavy! Wehehehe!
But yes, it can be clipped...or tied into an very small, sort-of illusional pigtail. For now, this will do. I just hope Ella would have very nice, thick and flowing hair when she grows up.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
My friend forwarded this message to me. And I, reading a lot of Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, I cannot agree more.
Let all women know......
The Rules of Man
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down
Finally, the guys' side of the story
We always hear
From the female side
Now here are the rules from the male side
These are our rules!
Please note... they are all numbered '1' ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one! Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.
1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have NO idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say 'nothing,' We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really!
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or golf.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
1.. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know I have to sleep on the couch tonight; But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
Pass this to as many men as you can - to give them a laugh.
Pass this to as many women as you can - to give them a bigger laughLove lots,